Thursday 19 July 2012

My game collection



So, at around 5 in the morning I was having a chat with the wonderful Phatal1ty and collecting came up as a topic. I promised I'd put up pictures of my collection, so here you go :]

Overview of my gaming room

Jumping straight in to collections:

Xbox 360 games

I buy most of my multiplatform games for the x360 because I just prefer the controller, network and gamerscore over the PS3 stuff.

Playstation 3 games



Wii games
                             

I don't own awfully lot of Wii games, I guess it does quality over quantity. I think Skyward Sword and Xenoblade are both some of the best games this generation. I have two Skyward Sword CE's, the other one I keep sealed.


Nintendo handheld stuff

I'm not a big fan of handheld systems, if I game I usually do it at home and when I'm at home I rather play from my 50" TV than a 2" screen that breaks my neck eventually.

GBA SP Zelda limited editions

Here's a closer look at some of my favorite items in my collection. The one on the right is brand new and has never been used, I won it from a competition held by the Finnish Nintendo distributor. I think these are quite expensive brand new so I was really really happy to get one :-D The one on the left is a bit beat up but I got it cheap back when I didn't have the brand new one.



Gamecube games
Here are my few gamecube games. When the Wii came out I had to sell my GC and all the games to afford a Wii but I've been slowly trying to gather back the games I sold. I really really want MGS: Twin Snakes original copy and Skies of Arcadia: Legends but those are sooooo expensive and I haven't found a good deal on them.



Playstation 2 games

Here are my few PS2 games. That console has such a great library but I got my first PS2 in like 2007 when PS3 was already coming out so I was a bit late to the party. I mainly have JRPG's and MGS games on the PS2 :]


PC Games
Here are my PC games that I have with cases. Most of my PC games are on steam. On the right that's a bust of Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher series. It came with the PC collectors edition of the game and it was actually damaged when I got it but the guys at CD Projekt Red were so nice they sent me another one and it came in perfect condition.


Next up I have my collectors edition packages:

Collectors editions 1/3
Here I have the smaller CE's. Gears 3, Fable 3, Halo Reach, Alan Wake, Vanquish and Deus Ex: HR collectors edition. Most of these I got very cheap after launch, Deus Ex I picked up at launch.



CE 2/3
Here I have some of the larger ones, Skyrim CE with the statue, Killzone 3 helghast edition which I picked up really cheap after it had been out for a long while, think I paid 30€ for it. FF13-2 Crystal edition, I think this one was exclusive to Europe but I might be wrong. On the right I got AC: Brotherhood Codex edition and Revelations animus edition. I think these both were exclusive to Europe as well.



CE 3/3

Here I have Bioshock 2 CE, which I think is one of the nicest CE's I've ever bought. Not to mention I paid like 10 pounds for it on Amazon, got pretty lucky with it. The wolf head thingie is The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings CE which I picked up at launch and this was actually really hard to find because for some reason not many copies were shipped to Finland. I might be my favorite CE, it has so much good stuff in it and it's all really high quality. The packaging could have been better though. 

On the right Catherine: Love is over edition which is the NTSC special edition of the game. Paid 60€ for the game and 90€ for the toll, because taxing and toll in Finland sucks ass :[ On the right also Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception explorer edition which is good too. It has a statue inside it and some other stuff and the case it comes in is very sturdy.



Soundtracks
I really enjoy game music so I've bought a few game soundtracks too. Xenoblade OST is my all time favorite :] Bastion soundtrack is signed by the composer Darren Korb and the Skyrim OST is also signed by the composer Jeremy Soule. Super Mario Galaxy 2 OST by Koji Kondo and the Mario Galaxy orchestra is brilliant too. That is only available from Japanese club Nintendo so I had to pick it up from ebay for quite a price. Totally worth it though :]



Bastion swag
I liked Bastion A LOT so I bought the soundtrack originally when it came available and then they came up with this swag bag with shirts and stuff so I had to have this one too. The cardboard art thingie is signed by the whole team and I plan to have it framed at some point when I can afford it :] The signed OST is the one I bought before the swag bag.



MGS
One CE I forgot to post in the CE section. Metal Gear Solid HD collection LE. exclusive to Zavvi.com. It's a bit banged up but it has a huge art book inside and I love it.



Zelda swag
A little bit of Zelda stuff, the poster I got from Edge magazine and the shirt was for pre ordering Skyward Sword.

I think I'm done with games now so heres some other random stuff from my entertainment room:

GS guide
This is the Japanese strategy guide for Golden Sun on the GBA. I got it as a bonus when I bought the game from ebay and didn't have to pay anything for it. Love the cover and the whole guide looks really good even though I can't read a line of Japanese lol.



MGS Risk
This is the Risk board game but it's MGS themed. I mainly bought it because I really like the MGS series but I was really interested in playing the game as well. Since I'm as lonely as ever I haven't had the chance to play it with anyone yet.



Death Note
Manga
                           
Here's my small manga collection and this is really just mainly for collecting stuff that brings nostalgic memories to me. I mainly read all my comics / manga / books on my iPad.



Dem blurays
This is my movie collection. I've moved on to bluray because the DVD quality wasn't satisfactory anymore once I bought my new bigger TV. The Departed is probably my all time favorite movie.



Work station
My work / pc gaming spot. I got dual screens and iPad is there to help if theres need for a third screen. This is still pretty messy but believe me its so much cleaner in this pic than it usually is :~D



The twins
Finally my house guardians lol. I do most of my gaming with these guys to keep me company. They were both bought from Portugal, there was a great shop where a lady handcrafted all sorts of stuff and these guys were just waiting for me to grab them. I think they enjoy the Finnish colder climate more than the hot sunny Portugal too :]

Well, that's pretty much it. Hopefully I didn't forget to post anything. Hope you like it!

- Kim






















No comments:

Post a Comment